I want to add too!
23. Find your Perfect Writing Spot. Mine is in the garage w/ the door open. This invites solisitors in my neighborhood, so I put up a large sign warning of various pains if they attempt to come ‘chat’ with me.
25. Learn to love Write or Die by Dr Wicked. http://lab.drwicked.com/writeordie.html The web version is great. He’s even build a desktop version in Adobe Air so Window, Mac & Linux can all use it! http://writeordie.drwicked.com/buy/
26. Go to your Regional write ins – its amazing how much more I write when someone is sneaking peeks at me to either make sure I am writing or hoping they’ll beat me.
27. Word Wars are your friend, with your friends.
28. Stock up on frozen dinners you can heat only once – the ones were you have to stir and heat more only take away more time from writing. (someone needs to build a robot that will feed us writes, because we need both our hands to type)
29. If your mother is alive and living close to you, send her a text, a voicemail, a fax, an email, hire a sky writer to tell her NOT TO DROP BY TO SAY “HELLO”. *ahem* Find a good hiding spot in your house or write away from it just in case.
29a. Send concerned parents/ kids prescheduled texts or voicemails saying you ARE actually alive. They will come find you if you don’t.
30. If you can, be very close to a bathroom, especially if you drink lots of fluids. Trust me on this. Better yet get a catheter fitted *grimace*
31. Sort your music by moods, or if you have each scene planned out, by that. Have a backup player just in case, and invest in some good earbuds.
32. Don’t forget to sleep, but you don’t need THAT much.
33. Pick out your favorite writers sleep pants or clothes, wash and organize outfits for when you know you need to go out NOW. Laundry is a waste of time during NaNo.
34. Make SURE your writing area is as ergonomic as possible. Elbows shouldn’t be leaning or resting on anything, your legs shouldn’t be dangling, screen shouldn’t cause you to crane your neck too high or too low. Pains from sitting and typing for long stretches is no good. Better yet, get up and stretch at least every hour, if not every 30 minutes.
35. The only social life you should have is with your NaNo Region and your characters. You can make it up to the rest in December.
36. If its an emergency, that person will leave a voicemail and call you the second they leave it. They will call repeatedly if its an emergency. Leave the rest for a prescheduled check each day or so.
36. Clutter or declutter your desk to your writing preference. Personally mine is too clean at the moment.
Thats all I could think of for now. Sorry if I repeated some!