Posts Tagged ‘prep’
To-do’s other than forming character descriptions & plotting:
- Explain, again, then again, to friends and family why you will have limited borrowed time to visit while meeting the challenge!
- Print out a November calendar. Annotate things such as:
- doctor appointments
- other commitments
- birthdays (schedule e-mail Happy Birthday’s by 10/31), and
- a *menu for each day
- Plan *menus
- Grocery shop
- Cook & freeze dinners
- Finish reading any and all non-fiction/fiction books you can muster!
- Select/ready “mood” music
- Select/ready candle fragrances
- Select/ready scented hand soap (we all are washing hands often, correct?)
- Select/ready special coffee/tea cup, maybe designated specifically for NaNo!
- Find the perfect glass for drinking that water!
- Locate isotonic fingerless theraputic gloves… don’t want hands to cramp at the wrong time!
- Find a timer to use: one hour max typing, then 15 minute break, then back to creating the story!
- Repeat over and over: I will do NO editing. I will do NO editing. I will do NO editing.
What do you do to prep for NaNoWriMo?