Posts Tagged ‘profile’
Things to do before 12:01 a.m. November 1st!
Create one MS Excel that contains:
- Worksheet for each main character (pictures, vitals)
- Worksheet for major scene locations (pictures)
- Worksheet listing major secondary characters (pictures, too!)
- Back up Excel!
Complete character profiles:
- Alice (and her twin girls)
- Flush out secondary characters and develop mini bio on each.
- Back up profiles!
Finish briefly plotting storyline
- Back up plot!
Explain, again, then again, to friends and family why I will be on limited borrowed time to visit while meeting the challenge!
Print out a November calendar and annotate:
- Doctor appointments
- Other commitments
- Birthdays (schedule e-mail Happy Birthday’s by 10/31)
- *Menu for each day
Cook & freeze dinners
- Marc McCutcheon’s The Writer’s Digest Sourcebook for Building Believable Characters
- Linda Edelstein’s Writer’s Guide to Character Traits, in addition to all the wonderful blog articles others are posting!
Select/ready “mood” music: at least 3 different CD’s: celtic harp, classic (some Bach, Beethoven, Massenet, Gluck, and Mozart), Mason William’s classical guitar, and Yanni (as a standby). IMHO, nothing with lyrics as it will distract from what characters are talking about!
Select/ready candle fragrances: maybe rosemary, white linen, and the soy lavender sounds good.
Ready different scented soaps and hand lotions, to fit the different moods during the writing process!
Locate isotonic fingerless theraputic gloves… don’t want hands to cramp at the wrong time!
Find a timer to use: one hour max typing, then 15 minute break, then back to creating the story!
What else do I need to do?
Always, repeat over and over: I will do NO editing. I will do NO editing. I will do NO editing.
What do you do in prepping for NaNoWriMo?